The CIF Site Supervisor Safety Training programme was developed by the Learning & development Department to provide a key group namely the Site Supervisor with the appropriate skill set to ensure this key cohort who provide direct supervision to crews on site were aware of the critical issues and safety responsibilities that a supervisors has by providing a foundation of health, safety, welfare and environmental issues, as well as their legal responsibilities relevant to their work activities principally supervising teams on site. It will highlight the requirement to promote health and safety to supervise effectively by showing leadership skills.
This programme is endorsed by the CIF Safety Committee and the Construction Safety Partnership Advisory Committee (CSPAC) as the standard training for all construction supervisors/foremen working on Irish sites. This programme is designed to meet the needs of site supervisors employed in small to mediums to large size construction companies to ensure this key role fully understand his/her duty while on site..
Aims and objectives
The course aims to ensure that all those given supervisory responsibilities a full understand as to why they are carrying out their identified duties:
– to ensure they know what is expected of them.
– to ensure that they contribute to the safety of the workplace.
At the end of the course delegates will be able to:
– understand the problems of the operational construction site from a supervisor role
– have an understanding of how health and safety legislation is structured and how it applies to supervisors.
– identify how their supervisory role fits in with the management & leadership structure in controlling the site safety.
– carry out risk assessments and understand the need for method statements
– carry out effective site inductions, toolbox talks and method statement briefings
– be able to monitor site activities effectively
– understand the importance of timely intervention when bad practice is identified on site.
Upon successful completion of the two day programme (full attendance required) the candidate will be awarded a CIF Site Supervisor Safety (CPD) Certificate and the Red CIF Site Safety Supervisor Card.