Training Course Information
Electricity is one of the most widely available forms of energy, used extensively in both the home and the workplace. But it is important to remember, that the same power used to make life easier can also be dangerous and sometimes even fatal.
This course will provide users with the knowledge to recognise potential electrical hazards and to understand that the misuse of electricity is a major cause of fires in the workplace.
The course provides a basic understanding of the types of electricity and how electricity travels as well as promoting the safe use of electrical equipment.
There are detailed examples of how to check for signs of faulty equipment and what to do if you discover faulty equipment.
Advice is given on how to treat an electrical injury and what to do in the event of an accident involving electricity.
Main sections in this Electrical Safety online training:
- Electrical Safety Overview
- Basic Electricity
- Injury Prevention
- Emergency Procedures
- Final Test
Is it for me?
This course is intended to provide people with a basic knowledge of electricity and to understand the potential dangers of electricity as well as to promote electrical safety awareness in the workplace.
- To show that electricity is a hazard and to increase awareness of the risks associated with its use.
- To highlight a basic understanding of how electricity works, the different types of electricity and to highlight sensible behaviour when using electrical equipment.
- To explain the guidelines on how to deal with an electrical related accidents including the different types of electrical injuries that can occur.
- To detail the common danger signs and hazards in electrical equipment and how to use appliances safely.
This online training is RoSPA Approved. Once the 30 minute course has been completed, users are required to take a final test consisting of 10 questions. The final test has a minimum pass rate requirement of 70%.
On successful completion of the test, users can download and print off a completion certificate.