Mobile Elevated Work Platform Training
Training Course Information
MEWP’s are sometimes used in the workplace and are replacing ladders and tower scaffolds as the preferred method of height access work. Mobile Elevated Work Platform Training allows MEWP operators should be made aware of the safety precautions required or individual capabilities of the Scissor or Boom lift itself.
If you are an employer, it is a legal requirement to ensure employees are provided with adequate training for safe operation of work at height machinery.
Safety is of utmost importance while working at height. This course certifies operators on Scissor & Boom lifts, includes Safe Harness Use and Work at Height.
- Legislation and the use of MEWP’s including Work at Height
- Basic types and specification of MEWP’s
- Hazards associated with using MEWP’s
- MEWP Accident prevention
- Daily pre-use checks and maintenance
- Safety precautions while using MEWP’s & Safe Harness Use
- Positioning of the MEWP safely
- Re – fueling and Battery charging procedures
- Raising and lowering the MEWP safely and correctly
- Emergency procedures for the Operator
- Evaluating ground Conditions
- Practical test and written theory exam
On successful completion Participants on this course are able to:
- Operate an MEWP safely and correctly in to the manufacturers requirements
- Clearly understand the causes of instability while operating an MEWP
- Carry out correctly, a pre-use inspection of an MEWP
- Work safely at height at all times
- Use a Safety Harness Properly
- Understand the procedures for emergency lowering of the MEWP in emergencies
Duration: 1 Day
Date: Please contact Robert Butler head of Learning & Development on 014066071 or by email email@example.com
Participants: 6 Maximum
Fee: CIF member per course €900 on site or at our center €1140
CIF Learning & Development working with our training partners Advanced national training Services are now offering from September four new but essential programmes for the construction sector. CIF Learning & Development based upon demand from our member have worked previously with ANTS in delivering in-house or tailored programmes so it is a natural progression that we now formally offer our combined services to our CIF membership. Courses can be offered onsite or at ANTS centre in Dunshaughlin Co. Meath.
To book your programmes please contact Robert Butler head of Learning & Development on 014066071 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org