IR/HR for Construction Managers
Training Course Information
A series of half day programmes for line management, business owners, HR professionals who would like to update their day-to-day management skills on current employment case law and employment practices.
The programme is to provide the participants with an awareness of the obligations of employers and employees’ entitlements under current Irish employment law. Real-life situations that the participants may come across in their daily working day will be examined and we will provide practical solutions in dealing with employment issues that can arise for organisations.
This CIF Accredited programme will be delivered over four evenings as set out below.
12 structured CIRI CPD point will be awarded for this programme.
Starting: Tuesday 27th February & 6th, 13th & 20th March 2018.
Delivery Time: 17:30 to 20:30.
Course fee: €660 for CIF members & €860 for non-members.
COURSE CONTENT – Day 1 – 27th February
Half day course that will provide an overview for HR and operational / site managers of employment law in 2017. Topics include;
- Overview of employment law
- What are most common mistakes made by employers which can result in costly litigation and how to avoid
- Role of 3rd Party institution including the Work Place Commission and Labour Court
COURSE CONTENT – Day 2 – 6th March
Half day course covering all aspects of workplace grievance and disciplinary processes for management working in the Construction Sector including;
- Natural Justice – what is means and how to apply it in your businesses
- SI 146
- The dos and don’ts in conducting a disciplinary hearing
- Probationary review periods
- Current case law
COURSE CONTENT – Day 3 – 13th March
Half day course covering industrial relations in the Construction Sector including Sectoral Employment Orders (SEO). Topics include;
- Dispute resolution
- Construction Sectoral Employment Orders (SEO)
- Industrial Relations Procedures.
- Dealing with unions in the Sector
- Role of 3rd Parties
- Current Industrial Relations within the Construction Sector
COURSE CONTENT – Day 4 – 20th March
Half day course that will provide the participants with the knowledge to help mitigate against costly litigation with the implementation of good policies and procedures;
- How to construct a contract of Employment and Handbooks.
- What are an employer’s obligation under the Organisation of Working Time Act
- How to implement policies and procedures
- Record keeping
- Current best practice