CIF Waste Management
Training Course Information
This CIF programme is designed to assist construction site management in complying with legal obligations by implementing best practice with respect to waste management. The course provides practical solutions to avoid waste generation and details proper waste management procedures, including the need to develop a Site Waste Management Plan for projects exceeding defined thresholds.
Who is the course aimed at?
It is intended to meet the needs of personnel with responsibility for waste avoidance and effective waste management on construction sites. Any persons with responsibilities for managing environmental, health or safety aspects would benefit from attendance.
Having completed the programme, each participant should:
- Recognise the most pertinent legislation for waste management;
- Be able to classify waste and ensure proper segregation and handling;
- Know how to develop a site waste management plan;
- Understand the requirements for waste collection and for record-keeping;
- Possess the tools necessary to effectively manage waste, both on and off site.
- Legal Requirements
- Waste Policy
- Waste Avoidance
- Classification of Waste
- Site Waste Management Plans
- Waste Collection and Transportation
- Tracking of Waste Movements
- Waste Treatment and Disposal / Recovery
The fee for the programme is €165 for CIF members and €215 for non-CIF members per attendee.
This course is held over one 0.5-day, from 08:45am to 12:30pm. Dates to be confirmed.
08:45 – 09:00 Registration, Introductions & Course Overview
09:00 – 09:15 Legal Requirements & Waste Policy
09:15 – 09:45 Waste Avoidance
09:45 – 10:00 Classification Of Waste
10:00 – 10:30 Workshop (Site Waste Management Plan)
10:30 – 10:45 Break (15 Minutes)
10:45 – 11:15 Waste Collection & Transportation
11:45 – 12:00 Tracking Of Waste Movements
12:00 – 12:30 Waste Treatment & Disposal / Recovery