CIF QQI Level 5 Safety Representative
Training Course Information
This 4-day programme outlines the role and function of the Construction Safety Representative. The course content follows the current QQI guidance on training for Safety Representatives which ensure the content is delivered to the highest standard in providing the learner with the key and required learning outcomes. CIF Learning & Development working in partnership with Denis O’Sullivan Safety are working together to provide this valuable programme for construction companies who take the Safety Representative role as part of their overall safety strategy.
Successful participants will receive a QQI Level 5 Certificate.
28 Structured CIRI CPD Points will be awarded upon successful completion.
Course is aimed at small to medium construction companies who need to put in place the safety representative role to meet the requirements of the Safety Health & Welfare at Work Act 2005.
To promote Health & Safety in the workplace and to allow participants receive a QQI Level 5 recognised qualification.
On completion of this course participants will be able to:
- Describe the role and function of the Safety Representative
- List the legal requirements involved
- Understand the hazard identification & risk assessment process
- Assess, investigate and help prevent accidents in the workplace
- List the main requirements of a Safety Statement
Sample Course Programme (As applicable)
- Legislation relating to Safety health and welfare at work
- Role and function of the Construction Safety Representative
- Safety Statement
- Communication skills
- Planning & organising safety meetings
- Ergonomics and manual handling
- Hazard identification/Rrisk assessment
- Accident recording and investigation
- Internal transport on sites
- Information sources
Course content may vary to suit individual clients as applicable.
Methods of Training
This course is highly participate and utilises a range of syndicate exercise’s, case studie’s and questionnaires to reinforce key message’s.
Number of participants
€550 Members, €650 Non-members.