CIF QQI Level 5 Safety Representative
Training Course Information
This 4-day course outlines the role and function of the Safety Representative and Safety Committee. The course content follows the current QQI guidance on training for Safety Representatives/Committee. CIF Learning & Development working in partnership with Denis O’Sullivan Safety are launching this programme for the first time in 2018.
Successful participants will receive a QQI Level 5 Certificate.
24 CIRI CPD Points will be awarded upon successful completion.
Course may also suit small to medium office based businesses that require a Health & Safety person on site.
To promote Health & Safety in the workplace and to allow participants receive a QQI Level 5 recognised qualification.
On completion of this course participants will be able to:
- Describe the role and function of the Safety Representative
- List the legal requirements involved
- Assess, investigate and help prevent accidents in the workplace
- List the main requirements of a Safety Statement
Sample Course Programme (As applicable)
- Legislation relating to Safety health and welfare at work
- Role and function of the Construction Safety Representative
- Safety Statement
- Communication skills
- Planning & organising safety meetings
- Ergonomics and manual handling
- Hazard identification/risk assessment
- Accident recording and investigation
- Ergonomics and VDUs, Office environment, Internal transport (Sample)
- Information sources
Course content may vary to suit individual clients as applicable.
Methods of Training
This course is highly participative and utilizes a range of syndicate exercises, case studies and questionnaires to reinforce key messages.
Number of participants
€550 Members, €650 Non-members.