CIF Environmental Management For Construction
Training Course Information
This CIF programme has been developed to outline the current legislative requirements and construction industry best practice for ensuring protection of the environment in conjunction with sustainable development principles. The construction industry in Ireland is benefitting from a resurgence in capital investment expenditure, which will increase the demand for raw materials, energy, water, labour, plant and equipment (collectively termed “input”), with consequential increase in waste generation, emissions to air and water, and demand for treatment / disposal services (collectively termed “outputs”).
Who is the course aimed at?
It is intended to meet the needs of personnel with responsibility for pollution prevention and effective waste management on construction sites. The course should assist construction site management to understand and comply with legal obligations, and implement best practice with respect to environmental management.
Having completed the programme, each participant should:
- Recognise the most prevalent environmental issues facing the construction sector;
- Understand how to undertake a pre-construction environmental site assessment to determine baseline levels, and to identify any constraints for development works;
- Understand the practical measures that may be taken to effectively manage soil and stone, waste, air quality, water and wastewater at a construction site to ensure regulatory compliance and prevention of pollution;
- Understand the most pertinent environmental legislation for construction;
- Possess the tools necessary to effectively manage environmental considerations onsite.
- Legislation Overview
- Environmental Management Systems
- Air Quality
- Land Management / Site Assessment / Use of Soil and Stone / Contaminated Land
- Water for Construction / Wastewater Collection / Stormwater
- Waste Policy / Waste Management / Waste Collection / Treatment and Disposal
- Energy Management
- Pollution Prevention / Hazardous Materials / Fueling / Noise and Nuisance
- Sustainable Construction / Green Building
- Resources for Construction Site Management
The fee for the programme is €215.00 for CIF members and €315.00 for non-CIF members per attendee.
This course is held over one day. Daily start time is 9:00am to 16:00pm.
09:00 – 09:20 Registration, Introductions & Course Overview
09:20 – 09:40 Legal Requirements
09:40 – 10:00 Environmental Management Systems
10:00 – 10:30 Air Quality
10:30 – 10:45 Break (15 Minutes)
10:45 – 11:30 Land Management
11:30 – 12:15 Water Management
12:15 – 12:45 Energy Management
12:45 – 13:15 Lunch (30 Minutes)
13:15 – 14:00 Waste Management
14:00 – 14:45 Pollution Prevention
14:45 – 15:00 Break (15 Minutes)
15:00 – 15:20 Sustainable Construction
15:20 – 15:50 Workshop – Identify Environmental Hazards On A Building Site
15:50 – 16:00 Questions & Answers