Who should attend?
Supervisors and managers with a responsibility for lifting operations who have sufficient experience of the use of cranes to meet the requirements specified in Safe Use of Cranes. The position of an Appointed Person carries a great deal of responsibility and only suitable personnel should be selected for this role.
To make candidates more aware of the Appointed Persons` responsibilities and how best to fulfill them
• Regulations, legislation and Codes of Practice
• Safe Systems of Work Including Method Statements and risk assessments
• Personal Responsibilities duties and roles
• Cranes: Types and Terms structure and size
• Crane Documentation
• Crane Stability and Ground Pressure Loading pad size
• Duty Charts and Safety Devices
• Basic Terminology
• Lift Loads and load planning
Theory in classroom setting over 3 days including scale drawing and compiling of site lift plans.
The duties of the Appointed Person should include:
The assessment of the lifting operation to cover;
• Selection of cranes
• Selection of lifting gear
• Selection of personnel
• Instruction and supervision
• Consultation with other responsible bodies if necessary
• Ensuring that adequate inspection and maintenance of lifting equipment has been carried out.
• Ensuring that there is an effective procedure for reporting defects and incidents and taking any necessary corrective action.
• Responsibility for the organisation, control and safety of the lifting operation.
10 Candidates per course
Duration of course
This is a three day course running on the 3rd, 10th & 17th of November 2017.
€795 per candidate for CIF members or €895.00 for non-members.