Who should attend?
Supervisors and managers with a responsibility for lifting operations who have sufficient experience of the use of cranes to meet the requirements specified in Safe Use of Cranes. The position of an Appointed Person carries a great deal of responsibility and only suitable personnel should be selected for this role.
Aim of the Course
To make candidates more aware of the Appointed Persons` responsibilities and how best to fulfill them
- Regulations, legislation and Codes of Practice
- Safe Systems of Work Including Method Statements and risk assessments
- Personal Responsibilities duties and roles
- Cranes: Types and Terms structure and size
- Crane Documentation
- Crane Stability and Ground Pressure Loading pad size
- Duty Charts and Safety Devices
- Basic Terminology
- Lift Loads and load planning
Theory in classroom setting over 3 days including scale drawing and compiling of site lift plans.
The duties of the Appointed Person should include
The assessment of the lifting operation to cover;
- Selection of cranes
- Selection of lifting gear
- Selection of personnel
- Instruction and supervision
- Consultation with other responsible bodies if necessary
- Ensuring that adequate inspection and maintenance of lifting equipment has been carried out.
- Ensuring that there is an effective procedure for reporting defects and incidents and taking any necessary corrective action.
- Responsibility for the organisation, control and safety of the lifting operation.
10 Candidates per course
Duration of course
This is a three day course.
€795 per candidate for CIF members or €895.00 for non-members.