Who should attend?
Slinger Signallers or Nominated Supervisors who have a basic knowledge of Slinger & Signalling processes and who are directly or indirectly involved in lifting operations on projects.
The minimum requirement for entry to this course is a valid SOLAS Safe Pass card & valid SOLAS CSCS Slinger & Signaller card.
Aim of the Course
To make candidates more aware of the Advanced Slinger/Signaller role in lifting operations ‘responsibilities and how best to fulfil them in meeting compliance with Irish Regulations’. A slinger/signaller requires skills and Knowledge to completed and fulfil their respective role as part the lifting team. They must know and understand not only the requirements of their job under the regulations but also the safe process and steps to carry out lifting operations safety in the workplace.
CIF based upon demand from our members and client alike have designed this advanced training course for slingers signallers who are involved in attaching loads and directing lifting appliances used in lifting operations with our training partner Proactive Safety. The course is a one-day advanced course covering all aspects of lifting operations, lifting equipment, lifting gear inspection processes and the safe down grading of lifting gear used to lift and move load.
- Their statutory duties under the regulations
- Duties of Appointed Persons
- Duties of Lifting Supervisors
- Duties of Crane Operators
- Duties of Slinger/ Signaller
- Lift plans and method statements
- The methods of inspection lifting gear (Why and How)
- The relationship between proof load, safe working load & working load limit
- GA1, GA2 & GA3
- How to inspect lifting gear
- Chain – wear, stretch and corrosion
- Wire Rope – wear, stretch, corrosion, broken wires
- Web slings colour code, damage rips tear cuts contamination
- Safe down rating of lifting gear due to different configurations
- Concrete skips safety in operation
- Block grabs safety in operation
- Shackles types components inspection and use
- Hooks and lifting rings
- Chain sling assembly
- How to handle, attach lifting gear in safety
- Safe communication processes with hand signals and radio communication
Course Delivery Method
Theory & practical session in classroom as well as practical session with live crane operations. All attendees will receive comprehensive information on correct safe slinging & signalling practices. An exam will be held to verify learning outcome at the end of the day.
Duration of course
12 Persons per Course
Tuesday 19th. November 2019
National Construction Training Centre, Mount Lucas Co. Offaly
09.00 to 18.00 with one house for lunch
Attendees will require full PPE (Helmets, Safety boots, hi-vis Jacket/Bib Gloves and Glasses)
€480.00 per candidate for CIF members or €580.00 for non-members.
Robert on 01-4066071 or Kim on 01-4066051