CIF Training’s QQI Level 5 Safety Representative training is a four day programme which follows the current QQI guidance on training for construction sector safety representatives. Successful candidates will not only receive a QQI Level 5 Certificate, they’ll also gain 28 Structured CIRI CPD (Continuous Personal Development) points. The course was specifically designed to enable construction companies who need to fill the safety representative role to comply with the requirements of the Safety, Health and Welfare at Work Act 2005 & the Safety, Health and Welfare at Work Construction Regulations 2013.
The course involves a high level of participation and uses a range of syndicate exercises, case studies and questionnaires to reinforce the key messages. Candidates will gain knowledge and insights of:
- Legislation relating to the Safety, Health and Welfare at Work Act 2005
- The role and function of a Construction Safety Representative
- Safety Statements
- Planning and organising safety meetings
- Communication skills
- Ergonomics and manual handling
- Hazard identification and risk assessment
- Accident recording and investigation
- Internal transport on construction sites
- Information sources
Successful participants will be able to undertake the role and function of a Safety Representative. They will also learn the legal requirements involved and understand the hazard identification and risk assessment procedures in order to ensure site safety. Moreover, they will gain knowledge on how to assess and contribute to the accident investigation process in the workplace to prevent similar accidents in the future.