Manual Handling Training Course
Training Course Information
This is a ½ day course instructs employees in the theory and practice of safe manual handling. To comply with the 2010 QQI & HSA Manual Handling Regulations, staff engaged in manual handling should be given training in the safe handling of loads that is task specific to their everyday manual handling work. A certified QQI Level 6 Instructor teaches this course.
On completion of this course participants will be able to:
- Recognise a load which is too heavy or awkward
- Understand the limitations of the spine and muscular system
- Lift and handle loads safely.
- Theory Session
- Dangers of careless and unskilled methods
- Principles of levers and laws of motion
- Anatomy of the spine and muscular system
- How the body is harmed through incorrect handling techniques
- Importance of physical fitness
- Personal Protective equipment
- How to handle loads safely
- Practice in safe handling of loads
Duration: 3.5 Hours
Date: Please contact Robert Butler head of Learning & Development on 014066071 or by email email@example.com
Participants: 12 Maximum
Fee: CIF member per course €380 fees include certification
CIF Learning & Development working with our training partners Advanced national training Services are now offering from September, four new but essential programmes for the construction sector. CIF Learning & Development based upon demand from our members have worked previously with ANTS in delivering in-house or tailored programmes so it is a natural progression that we now formally offer our combined services to our CIF membership. Courses can be offered onsite or at ANTS centre in Dunshaughlin Co. Meath.
To book your programmes, please contact Robert Butler, head of Learning & Development on 01 4066071 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org