Training Course Information
This is a half-day course designed to provide the course participants with the appropriate knowledge of the hazards and dangers of working with Abrasive Wheels. It also provides the participants with the expertise required to mount an abrasive wheel.
This course covers abrasive wheels for the use on non-precision machines such as bench grinding and angle grinding machines. The course is designed to supplement but not replace the formal training in the safe use of abrasive wheels required by law. It is used in conjunction with the grinding machines safety leaflets and operator’s manual/instructions supplied by the manufacturer.
On completion of this course the participants will be able to:
- List the legal requirements of working with Abrasive Wheels
- Select the appropriate wheel or cutting disc for the job.
- Correctly mount and use an Abrasive Wheel
- Understand the function of Abrasive Wheel Equipment, fixed or portable.
- Abrasive Wheel Regulations ( New 2016 )
- Identify the hazards of working with Abrasive Wheels
- Storing Abrasive Wheels correctly
- Evaluate the causes of abrasive wheel accidents
- Define the method of selecting the correct wheel for the job
- Inspection and testing of the abrasive wheel
- Guarding of the grinding and cutting operations
- Dressing and truing the wheel
- Functions of the components, flanges, blotters etc.
- Differences between grinding and cutting operations
Participants: 8 Maximum
Duration: ½ Day (Approx: 4 Hours)
Date: Please contact Robert Butler head of Learning & Development on 014066071 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org
Fee: CIF member per course €520 fees include certification
CIF Learning & Development working with our training partners Advanced national training Services are now offering from September four new but essential programmes for the construction sector. CIF Learning & Development based upon demand from our member have worked previously with ANTS in delivering in-house or tailored programmes so it is a natural progression that we now formally offer our combined services to our CIF membership. Courses can be offered onsite or at ANTS centre in Dunshaughlin Co. Meath.
To book your programmes, please contact Robert Butler head of Learning & Development on 014066071 or by email email@example.com